Wednesday 9 November 2011

Fensa

FAQ

1)  What is FENSA  - FENSA standards for Fenestration Self-assessment Scheme – launched in 2002  to as a means of compliance to Building Regulations.

Fensa makes sure that the correct type of heat retention glass has been used , checks on whether a certain sealed units should have been toughened  and checks that where possible there is a means of escape from bedroom windows.

2) Do I need a FENSA certificate for a garage window ?

NO – You only need a FENSA certificate for windows in the main house


3) Do I need a FENSA certificate for a conservatory ?

Again NO – Conservatories do not come under FENSA jurisdiction

4) Do I need a FENSA certificate for a back door

Most probably No – if the area of glass is less than half of the BRICKWORK OPENING SIZE  - then a certificate will not be needed


5) Can I complain to FENSA if I am NOT happy with my windows

NO – Fensa is not a quality mark for installation  If you are concerned about lack of aftercare  choose a window firm belonging to the DGCOS  or the GGF.

No comments:

Post a Comment